K9 Advantix II products for dogs are pharmaceutical products which must be used with vigilance, following strict rules for the health of your animals. Please see below for important information and precautions to take when using these products.
Bayer K9 Advantix® II controls fleas, ticks and lice on dogs within one day of treatment and will continue to protect the dog from further flea, tick and lice infestations for at least four weeks. K9 Advantix® II also reduces biting by mosquitoes and stable flies; and kills mosquitoes.
What is K9 Advantix® II?
A monthly topical application that starts to work before fleas and ticks bite, protecting your dog from future infestations and unnecessary bites.
•Controls fleas (including all life stages) and all major species of ticks including deer ticks that can transmit Lyme disease.
•K9 Advantix® II also kills lice and mosquitoes
•Reduces biting from mosquitoes and stable flies
•Remains effective after swimming and bathing*
• Reduces biting by stable fl ies and mosquitoes and kills lice.
• Prevents fl eas on a treated dog from infesting the home.
• Bathing should be limited to once per treatment period with non-medicated dog shampoo.
How does it work?
K9 Advantix® II is applied to the skin down the back of the dog. From there, it spreads evenly as a thin layer over the skin surface and is locked in the oils of the dog’s skin rather than being absorbed internally. When parasites such as fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and lice come in contact with the skin of a treated dog, the parasites’ nervous system becomes affected. The parasites quickly become uncoordinated and die. K9 Advantix® II works through contact and does not require the pest to start feeding on your pet in order to be killed. Reducing biting keeps pets comfortable and can help to prevent disease transmission.
INGREDIENTS : imidacloprid, permethrin, pyriproxyfen
imidacloprid 8.8%, 44%, 0.44%, permethrin, pyriproxyfen
Dogs >8 weeks of age weighing 25kg and more.: Apply contents on top of back from shoulder to base of tail. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and ticks. If a re-treatment becomes necessary, a period of 7 days is necessary before the next treatment is applied.
1. K9 Advantix® II is toxic for cats if they ingest the product while it is still drying on a treated dog. In a multi-pet household, cats should be separated from treated dogs for a minimum of 12 hours. Never use K9 Advantix® II on cats.
2. Keep your dog off furniture and hardwood floors until K9 Advantix® II dries.
3. Flea shampoo, medicated or human shampoos and/or dish detergents are not recommended.
4. Only use K9 Advantix® II on the skin of your dog – never administer orally.
Important – DO NOT USE ON CATS
If this product is applied to or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian immediately.